Gaining access to the data we hold about you

Information that has been held previously by Coastal West Sussex, Crawley and Horsham and Mid Sussex CCGs is transferring to the new CCG (West Sussex CCG) on 1 April 2020.

The new CCG will become the new data controller. Any questions about the use of data (including patient data) by the new CCG should be directed to

For more information about West Sussex CCG handles your data, please see "your information".

The Coastal West Sussex CCG website is no longer updated.

The CCG holds limited records containing personal information, for example continuing healthcare applications; it does not hold personal healthcare records. If you wish to have sight of, or obtain copies of your own personal health care records you will need to apply to your GP practice, the hospital or NHS organisation which provided your health care.

Where information from which you can be identified is held by the CCG, you have the right to ask to:

  • view this or request copies of the records by making a Right of Access request under the General Data Protection Regulation
  • request information is corrected/rectified
  • have the information updated where it is no longer accurate
  • where applicable, request information is erased
  • where applicable, request for your data to be made portable
  • where applicable, ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law
  • request whether any decisions have been made about you by an automated decision

Everybody has the right to see, or have a copy, of data we hold that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data. If you would like to access your data you must make the request in writing; under special circumstances, some information may be withheld.

You can do this by writing to us or email us at:

What is the right to know?

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) gives people a general right of access to information held by or on behalf of public authorities, promoting a culture of openness and accountability across the public sector. You can request any information that the CCG holds, that does not fall under an exemption. You may not ask for information that is covered by the Data Protection Legislation under FOIA. However you can request this under a Right of Access Request – see the information above.

Your request must be in writing and can be either posted or emailed to us at:

  • Post: The FOI Co-ordinator, NHS Coastal West Sussex CCG, 1 The Causeway, Goring-by-Sea West Sussex, BN12 6BT
  • Email to:

Freedom of Information requests are managed by a team at South Central and West Commissioning Support Unit.

Complaints or questions about privacy